Daylight Saving Time

Few hours to go and its daylight saving time! To be honest I’m still confused what it means; it’s my first time to experience it. They say that time will move 1 hour late (?). It means a longer sleep for me? LOL.... Well basically not!

change-clock-2-3am

(Photosource)

After asking Mr. Google what’s day light saving time is.... here’s what I learned from different sites.

Daylight Saving Time (or summertime as it is called in many countries) starts actually on spring time where in there is more daylight time. The clock is push ahead one hour, so it means waking up earlier. This is to take advantage of the daylight, like less usage of fluorescent lights.

When the days getting shorter in the fall, the clocks where turned back an hour to get more light in the morning. For this year the daylight saving ends today, November 6 at 2 am, here in Canada, I just don’t know in other places that follows daylight saving.

In Canada, it’s up to province if they will follow the daylight saving. As far as I know, Saskatchewan does not observe daylight saving.

For more information here’s one of the sites that serves as my reference, http://www.cbc.ca/news/story/2008/10/31/f-timechange.html.

Comments

Popular Posts