Goodbye Ate Iyay...

Last Wednesday we received a text message that our cousin, Ate Iyay, passed away. It was devastating news yet on the other hand it is a blessing - her agony was finally over. She was sick for several years and I know besides her failing health condition she had been through a lot of emotional turmoil in her life.

I remember her as a very gentle yet a very strong woman who welcomed the challenges in her life with grace and acceptance. When I visited her, I cannot see pain in her face instead all I can remember is her genuine smile, a smile that I saw in her when I was still a young child until before I left Philippines... a smile that will never be forgotten in my heart.

Ate Iyay, I may not be present in your wake but you will always be remembered... may you rest in peace.

Comments

Popular Posts