Saturday, June 16, 2012

The Fate of Siopao

It's finally my day-off. After a long week of working so hard I can finally sleep longer and do nothing. But somehow doing nothing is boring. So I decided to go out and walk. Besides it's so nice outside and I want to discover more flowering plants that I have never seen before.

After a short walk, I came home hungry. I'm not in the mood to cook. I want instant food!

I found the monggo-stuffed siopao that was sitting on the fridge for months (in my estimation). I got one and put it inside the microwave, I thought 5 minutes is enough. So I grabbed my laptop and browse some sites when I notice something smells burning. I ran to the kitchen and it was filled with smoke. Then I immediately press the stop button of the microwave and ... charanggg.... here's my poor siopao.



I was scared honestly I can't imagine if it caused fire.

I know I'm ignorant...LOL... Well you can't blame me, we never owned a microwave oven before. All I know is that we can't put metal in the microwave oven as stated in the instruction in the label.

Well, thank God the microwave oven is still working but until now we can still smell something burning when we are using it.

By the way, I end up eating nothing that evening... I lost my appetite.

13 comments:

  1. aaaw poor you. But if it makes you feel better, i still burn popcorns in the microwave after 6 years of using it lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right we really need to took care not only microwave but also other appliances. next time you want to reheat siopao, use steamer instead of microwave. good day

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never take it seriously, these things happen to everyone! Your appetite should never let you down come what may!

    ReplyDelete
  4. awww too..poor siopao... We don't use microwave.. probably just a paranoid me after reading so much negative stuff about this kitchen gadget. Seriously, I thought it was an ice cream when I first saw it ..lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clean the inside of microwave (top, bottom, walls) with a sponge and dishwashing liquid to get rid of the burnt odor.
    Next time you heat food, adjust the power setting too. There should be a guide on setting for different types of food.
    But, as Allan said, steam the siopao :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I seldom use the microwave. I use 1 min intervals when I reheat food. hehe natatakot din ako.

    Try to microwave sliced lemon to remove the odor.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my, this happens to everyone and I am one of them. Hehe

    Mommy Maye (http://momayes.blogspot.com/)

    ReplyDelete
  8. poor you...poor siopao :P
    it happens! i have also burned some food in the microwave :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I already one similar experience like this one. I left my frying pan, just heating it, while opening my blog, after 2-3 minutes, the whole house was filled with smoke. I thought that house was started in raze. :-). Ayaw ko nang maulit yon, delikado.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Same thing happened with my aunt too when she reheat pandesal lol Be careful next time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Poor you, you didn't eat for almost a day. I don't have microwave at home so I also don't know how to use it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank God, you're OK! That's fine, just remember to set it to a few seconds interval next time. Over time, you'll be a microwave pro, I'm sure.:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lesson learned: Be careful in cooking or heating food. We are always fond of multitasking and sometimes forget things like this.

    http://mutualfundphilippines.com

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...