Levoscoliosis???!!!!

I was surprised when our company nurse showed to me my medical result. What! I have levoscoliosis? I never had an illness like this before. So does it means it was develop during my stay in my current job?

I think it’s because of my posture and sitting position; most of the time I slouch. According to my friend’s doctor, swivel chair (which I use in office), can cause scoliosis.

Swivel Chair (photo source)


To verify my opinion I decided to consult Mr. Google.. (LOL)… And w gave me thousands of articles about scoliosis.

This is what I learned from the online medical-dictionary.

Causes are known for three other types of scoliosis:

Congenital scoliosis is due to congenital abnormal formation of the bones of the spine, and is often associated with other organ defects.

Neuromuscular scoliosis is due to loss of control of the nerves or muscles which support the spine. The most common causes of this type of scoliosis are cerebral palsy and muscular dystrophy.

Degenerative scoliosis may be caused by degeneration of the discs which separate the vertebrae or arthritis in the joints that link them.

Note: This is not my x-ray result. (photo source)


I don’t think my case is congenital. So last Saturday we went to an internist and rheumatologists to consult about it. Thanks God it’s not serious as what I have thought. It’s muscular and can be treated according to the doctor. I just need to take vitamins, do a lot of stretching (every 15 minutes) while at work and need to exercise.

Comments

Popular Posts